EBENEZER ODEYEMI DELIGHTED BY 3SC COMEBACK WIN

|By Oluseyi Adedire|
Twitter/Instagram: @oyosportsnews | FB: Oyo Sports Update

Shooting Stars forward, Ebenezer Odeyemi was delighted following his team comeback win against Junior Lokosa's Kwara United in the Nigeria Professional Football League on Wednesday evening.

The Oluyole Warriors were trailing 1-0 courtesy of Alao Danbani 60th minute superb

strike from Junior Lokosa asssit. 3SC duo, Ayo Adejubu and Ebenezer Odeyemi were brought in at the 67th and 76th minutes respectively and it paid off for Coach Edith Olumide Agoye who had promised fans nothing but victory against the Afonja Warriors.


Speaking to OyoSportsNews, Ebenezer, a former MFM of Lagos striker said scoring his first competitive goal for Shooting Stars in a league match and infront of the home fans made him so delighted and short of words.


“Great to get the win [today], we showed good character, team spirit and determination. When the coach made a signal for a replacement, I told God to take the wheel because the entire team is under pressure especially with the short moment from the fans when we conceded."


"Ayo had made it easy by putting pressure on Kwara United but the fans are waiting for the winning goal after we drew Sunshine and Akwa United. I'm just too happy, this is my first league goal for shooting stars, this is the moment I've been waiting for."




"I wanted to justify my addition into the team and put smiles on our fans faces. The fans are not happy with us, seeing them lamenting really touches me and my teammates but the storm is over, and we must build on this result in Lagos and return to our winning ways."

Ebenezer was booked for pulling off his shirt during the jubilation moment but the dark skinned lanky striker said he was unable to hide his feelings.


"I know what yellow card could cause but I wasn't able to hide my joy, I find ways to celebrate but I had to do something to show my joy; I just pull off my shirt, running from pillar to pole on the picth and technical stand. The winning goal really matters, especially for our late general manager and the fans."


Statistics via FlashScore


Shooting Stars 2-1 Kwara Utd
*Ayo Adejubu 78', Ebenezer Odeyemi 90'
*Alao Danbani 60'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: OYE OLOHUN OWNER ACQUIRES NEW TEAM BUS FOR PLAYERS

3SC: A PROFESSIONAL 'BOYS' CLUB' - AJOROSUN

FED24: ILAJI FC'S OKIKIOLA DEDICATES HAT-TRICK AGAINST 3SC TO TEAMMATES