DUTCH BORN ALSAGER PLAYER DAYO ADEKOYA EXPRESSES DESIRE TO PLAY FOR NIGERIA

|By Oluseyi Adedire|
Twitter/Instagram: @oyosportsnews | FB: Oyo Sports Update
Dutch-born attacking midfielder, Adedayo Taiwo Adekoya has revealed exclusively to OyoSportsNews that he loves Nigeria and he dreams of playing for the Nigerian national team in the near future.
Adedayo Adekoya, 22, has never hidden his love for Nigerian football and confessed that it would be a ‘dream’ to wear the famous green and white colours of Nigeria.
The former FC Dordrecht U15 player who has a Nigerian father from Ososa, Ijebu Ode and a Dutch mother visited Nigeria for the first time and was overwhelmed with the modern sporting facilities at the Lekan Salami stadium, Adamasingba, Ibadan.
While with St Martins, a semi professional first team in the United Kingdom, Adedayo provided four assists in five appearances and scored six goals. He continued his impressive form early this year at Macclesfield Town U21 team with, 23 assists, 16goals in 9 appearances.
Adedayo Taiwo Adekoya told OyoSportsNews: "This is my first time in Nigeria, and I'm overwhelmed and impressed with this stadium [Lekan Salami stadium Adamasingba Ibadan]. I'm here because I've heard a lot about Nigeria, the culture, football fans and traditional clubs like Shooting Stars, Enugu Rangers and so on. My dream is to play for Nigeria, my Dad told me a lot about this country and I'm happy to be here, - since I've arrived Nigeria, the atmosphere is different, the feelings is fantastic and I can't wait to put on the green and white colours".
"My twin sister is Folashade and I'm sure she will like to come here as soon I told her my experience. Nigeria is a very nice place to live and visit, apart from the insecurity challenges facing the country, the economic situation is affecting not only Nigeria but the world; so, I feel at home with the weather, and culture".
Adedayo, who has done well for himself in his footballing youth career also visited Shooting Stars' at Ijebu-Ode during the Value Jet Cup pre-season tournament ahead of the Nigeria Professional Football League 2022/23 season.
He began his career with VV Dubbeldam, an amateur football club from Dordrecht, South Holland in Netherlands. He is a lover of Nigerian food and music with Wizkid, Burna Boy, Davido being his favourite musicians among many others.
"Football means a lot to me and I feel happy with the round leather game, I have no worries when I play football. Every one has one to two challenges irrespective of the tribe or country but when I play football or find myself on the pitch, I forget all worries - because football gives me joy any day, any time".
The Alsager Town player also indicated his readiness to play international football.
He said, “I would love to play international football with Nigeria. That is my dream and I'm very sure it would add to experience. I always keep an eye on Nigeria international matches both at AFCON and World Cup level, people call me white man ['oyinbo'] but I do tell them I'm from Africa, I am Nigerian, so I will be happy to wear the green and white colours."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BREAKING: OYE OLOHUN OWNER ACQUIRES NEW TEAM BUS FOR PLAYERS

FED24: ILAJI FC'S OKIKIOLA DEDICATES HAT-TRICK AGAINST 3SC TO TEAMMATES

12 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT OYOMESI FC HEAD COACH